Shows, ice rink and maze of lights will fill Reus for Christmas
Reus will open the Christmas campaign next Friday, November 25, with the lighting of all the ornamental lights in the city. It will be through an inaugural show of music and vertical dance in the Plaza del Mercadal, starting at 6:30 p.m., which will end with the large illuminated Christmas tree and also all the streets that have lighting.
This is how all the proposals that the city has prepared for these festivities will take place. This time there are several novelties, such as a maze of lights, a two-story carousel or a 34-meter-long tunnel with a light and music show. Added to all this are great classics, such as the ice rink and the play area and children's attractions, which will once again be located in Plaza Llibertat; as well as itinerant shows or the typical markets: the Christmas market, in the Plaza del Mercadal from December 1 to 22, and the craft market, from December 1 to January 5.
Under the slogan 'Reus, a Nadal per Gaudir', the city will maintain all kinds of activities until January 8, when the campaign will end. "The Mercadal will once again be the center", highlighted this morning the mayor of the city, Carles Pellicer, during the presentation of the programme. It is there where the Christmas Tree will be located, with 15 meters high and 46,900 led light points; and the Christmas market. It will also be the scene of the New Year's Eve bells, with a party that will start at 11:30 p.m. and until one in the morning.
But the proposals prepared for these festivities will spread throughout the center, with Plaça de la Llibertat as an important pole of attraction. Beyond the ice rink and the children's attractions, it will be here that the 34-meter long tunnel of light will be located. It will offer a 10-minute light and music show, which will be repeated daily at 6:00 p.m., 7:00 p.m., 8:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
Other Christmas settings will be Plaza Prim, where the carousel with two floors and ten meters in diameter will be located; or the Doctor Sabater square (that of the Gegant Indi), with the illuminated maze that will offer a play of colored lights. The Living Retaules will also transform the surroundings of the Peixateries Velles and the Fossar Vell into scenes related to the birth and childhood of Jesus. In addition, various traveling shows will tour the center, combining performing arts and music, from a 'car race' to some very special photographers. The Geni del Nadal and the Follets will also walk through the city.
Among the innovations, the creation of the Christmas story. It recounts a tour of Reus Christmas this 2022 by little Antoni Gaudí accompanied by Geni and Follets.
The final stretch of the festivities will be marked by the arrival of the Three Wise Men. The Royal Emissaries will collect the children's letters on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of January. The Parade will take place the following day from 6:30 p.m. from Ample street.
The Christmas lights that will decorate the streets and squares of Reus will be on from November 25 to January 8, from 5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m., "reducing one hour," highlighted the Councilor for Promoció de Ciutat, Montserrat Caelles. The schedule will be extended on the most important holidays. This reduction will represent a reduction in consumption of 16%.
- opening showFriday, November 25 from 6:30 p.m. in the Plaza del Mercadal. Vertical music and dance show that will lead to the lighting of the Christmas tree, at 7:00 p.m.
- tunnel of lightfrom November 25 in the Plaza de la Llibertat. 35-meter long tunnel with a 10-minute light and music show. It will be every day at 6:00 p.m., 7:00 p.m., 8:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- The Christmas Carolstarring little Antoni Gaudí accompanied by Geni del Nadal and the Follets. It will be available on Saturdays, December 3, 10, 17 and 24, in the afternoon, at the Caseta dels Follets, in Plaça de la Llibertat, while supplies last.
- Carouselevery day in Plaza Prim. It will have two floors.
- light mazein Doctor Sabater square.
- New Year's Eve chimesin the Plaza del Mercadal from 11:30 p.m. until one in the morning.
- Ice rink and children's attractionsin Liberty Square.
- Christmas treein the Mercadal square.
- Christmas marketin the Plaza del Mercadal from December 1 to 22, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- craft marketin Evarist Fàbregas square, from December 1 to January 5, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Living Altarpiecesaround the Peixateries Velles and the Fossar Vell, on December 22, 23, 25 and 26 at 8:00 p.m.
- traveling shows.
- Christmas activities at the Gaudí Center.
- Tourist visits.